A CLA performs laboratory duties under the supervision of a licensed CLS. This position is for assisting the CLS and for sample processing, equipment operation and maintenance, and documents.
- Perform sample processing under the supervision of a licensed CLS.
- Follow the instructions, assist the CLS, and perform additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Perform instrument calibrations, maintenance, and operation.
- Receive and accession samples using the laboratory information management system (LIMS).
- Perform data entry and fill all logs.
- Maintain the inventory and assure that all supplies and equipment are adequate to perform the daily functions.
- Ensure laboratory quality control and assurance.
- Maintain a safe laboratory environment in accordance with established standards, protocols, and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the infection control policies and blood borne pathogen safety precautions.
- AA degree required; BS/BA in life science is a plus.
- 0-1 year of lab experience.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Ability to manage daily tasks and work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Strong attention to details.
Different shifts available.
DiaCarta Corporation and all DiaCarta Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.