DiaCarta is a leading translational genomics and personalized diagnostics company. We provide highly sensitive and advanced technologies that will change the landscape of precision medicine and molecular diagnostics by impacting healthcare treatment plans and the well-being of individuals around the world. The DiaCarta Clinical Laboratory is Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certified and qualified for performing high complexity testing.
Job Description & Functions
- The CLS is responsible for performance of the daily high complexity laboratory testing procedures on patient samples. This includes specimen accessioning, sample preparation, analysis, review and reporting of results within the regulated quality management system of the CLIA certified laboratory.
- In addition, the CLS maintains, prepares, and qualifies solutions and reagents used in the laboratory according to protocol.
- Monitors quality control and documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Demonstrates initiative in making suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity and provides consistent feedback.
- Maintains laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning, performing or scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance/calibration/certification, as required.
- Depending on experience, the CLS may validate or direct the validation of new tests in the laboratory; write and reviews procedures, reports; and participate and/ or direct LIMS validations.
- Licensed in the State of CA to perform high complexity testing (California CLS license) is required.
- 2+ years of equivalent experience (high complexity testing) preferred. General CLS is a plus.
- Ability to perform manual molecular techniques.
- Facility with EXCEL, MSWord.
- Ability to manage daily tasks and work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve issues that impact test performance.
- Demonstrated ability to understand priorities and work accordingly.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and honest communication regarding errors and misunderstanding.
- Afternoon to night shift preferred, some weekend hours.
- Pleasanton, CA
DiaCarta Corporation and all DiaCarta Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.