DiaCarta is seeking a highly motivated, independent, and interactive Research Associate to join the R&D function in the company. The new team member will participate in R&D activities with the goal of developing and launching new qPCR, NGS, and branched DNA tests for IVD cancer diagnostics applications. The successful candidate will have outstanding attention to detail, enjoy working in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment, and have exceptional hands-on laboratory skills. DiaCarta is a rapidly growing company, so the candidate must be highly motivated and committed to launching their career in an innovative area of molecular diagnostics. This is a full-time role in Richmond, and you will be reporting to the Senior Scientist.
- Supports the research and development of new tests for DiaCarta’s clinical laboratory and external business partners.
- Carefully plans and executes complex laboratory experiments with excellent attention to detail.
- Performs data analysis with advanced analytical tools and contributes insights toward experimental findings.
- Keeps a detailed laboratory notebook and summarizes work in research reports and meeting presentations.
- Converts newly developed protocols and procedures into SOPs.
- Conducts troubleshooting of laboratory processes and protocols.
- Communicates results with colleagues, R&D management, product management, commercial and external partners.
- Sc. degree in molecular biology or a related field and 0-1 years experience in molecular biology laboratory experience, OR
- S. degree in molecular biology or a related field and 0-2 years molecular biology laboratory experience.
- IVD molecular assay development preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Hands-on experience with PCR techniques including qPCR, multiplex PCR; experience with nucleic acid analysis technologies including Agilent Bioanalyzer, Qubit/Quant-iT, and Nanodrop.
- Experience in IVD assay development preferred.
- Hands-on experience with DNA/RNA isolation and purification, primers design, genomic database mining.
- Hands-on experience with Next Generation Sequencing on Illumina platforms is a plus.
- Possess the ability to think creatively and analytically; very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; excellent time management skills.
- Microsoft Excel experience required.
- Superb attention to detail; produces work of exceptional quality and accuracy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment; able to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to proactively identify issues and address them with the solution-oriented approach.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are typically performed in laboratory settings (at least 70% of the time).
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
DiaCarta Corporation and all DiaCarta Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.