The successful candidate will be a senior member of the companion diagnostics team, reporting to the Team Lead and responsible for a subset of the team deliverables, comprising companion diagnostic technology and product development using biomarkers, qPCR, RT-PCR and NGS, cell-based assays, sample collection and treatment such as liquid biopsy and other techniques, etc.
Senior Scientists are also responsible for proactive communication and collaboration with other teams at the company, such as R&D, Production, QA/QC, Sales/Marketing, etc. The candidate should also be familiar with molecular and cell biology, oncology, genetics and genomics, proteomics, immunology, pharmacology, etc. (including the basic principles, new development trends and applications) and to ensure effective communication, proper alignment of input/output requirements and successful development and integration of the new companion diagnostics to fully support and implementation of precision medicine.
Specific Responsibilities of the Senior Scientist include
- Design, execution, and oversight of laboratory experiments, in-depth analysis, and reporting of resulting data.
- Literature (including patent) works to support the development of the technology.
- Participation in the integration of the technology into the DiaCarta proprietary platform.
- Generation and management of all required documentation and presentation of results with regulatory guidelines and regulations.
We are looking for people with drive, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic who desire to play a key role in the creation of a paradigm shifting platform, that will have a major impact on the health and well-being of patients around the world.
The successful candidate must have the ability to deliver effective solutions to challenging problems in a fast-paced environment with adherence to tight timelines.
The successful candidate must be a team player who interacts well with a variety of colleagues within and outside their area of expertise, manages direct reports effectively, is a strong and proactive communicator, and is willing to step in and take on additional responsibilities as they arise, even those outside the normal scope of responsibilities, in order to help achieve the timely success of the project.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ph.D. (preferred) in Molecular and Cell Biology or related field.
- Detailed knowledge of chemistries/biochemistry associated with biomarker detections and NGS methods as well as their applications in addressing unmet medical needs.
- Industry experience in the development of molecular diagnostic products and cell-based assays for commercially relevant applications.
- Experience with primary sequence data analysis, including quality metric analysis, from NGS platforms.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- 6+ years’ postdoctoral experience in the development of workflows, chemistries, and methods specifically for traditional biomarker detections and NGS. Stronger publications will be helpful to demonstrate past accomplishments.
- Experience interacting with disciplines that may be outside of the candidate’s area of expertise, such as engineering, software development, and bioinformatics.
- Experience with nucleic acid amplification (PCR and non-PCR, including isothermal), including clonal amplification methods.
- Industry experience in the development of molecular IVD technology and products for commercially relevant applications.
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation, ideally evidenced by patent filings and relevant publications.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and would relish playing a key role in developing revolutionary technology, we would be delighted to hear from you.
DiaCarta Corporation and all DiaCarta Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.